Julia Griffey, M.A., M.F.A. is a creative technologist, entrepreneur and associate professor of interactive digital media at Webster University in St. Louis, MO. At Webster, she teaches a variety of courses within the realm of interactive media design/development and its intersection with marketing, promotion and online business. When not teaching, Griffey builds apps and web sites, runs her own creative online businesses and hosts a podcast on innovative arts/crafts-based businesses.
What I’m working on
- Optigear.com e-commerce website design and development - Optigear is a direct to consumer optical supply e-commerce website. It’s a fairly robust site with over 200 products. We built the original e-commerce site from scratch using classic ASP and a SQL Server database around 2007. It was designed Continue Reading
- Introduction to Interactive Digital Media: Concept and Practice - I am currently writing a book for professionals and students wanting to learn the basics of interactive digital media: Introduction to Interactive Digital Media: Concept & Practice. As our reliance on web sites, mobile apps, kiosks and devices that respond to Continue Reading
- 3D Design and Printing Course at Webster University! - We just wrapped up our first ever 3D design and printing class in the School of Communications at Webster University and I think we can call it a success. Our students designed and printed three different objects and left fired Continue Reading
- Custom Ordering System for Amcon Labs: JAOS - About 10 years ago I designed and built a custom ordering system for optical supplier, Amcon Labs called JAOS. Needless to say, it’s a bit dated. I’m currently working on a more modern version of the application which will be Continue Reading
- The Modern Makers Project - The Modern Makers Project is a transmedia project comprised of a web site, podcast and film exploring arts/crafts technology and entrepreneurship. Through these channels we are sharing stories of interesting people who have taken advantage of modern communication technologies to build Continue Reading
- Catholic Fit - I am currently building an app for a fellow Webster University professor and fitness trainer, Dave Reddy. Dave offers a faith-based fitness program to Catholic schools around the country. The app will allow schools who participate in his program to Continue Reading